Posted by: JJ | 2009-03-21

Propecia side-effects

I am thinking of starting to use Propecia, as I still have some hair left, but starting to loose it quite quickly. I am currently 30 years old.

I just want to know what negative effects this could have? What are the side-effects?

I waited until my wife was pregnant (she is 6 weeks now), so now I can actually use it. Just to make sure, is it now safe to use and have sex with her even though I am on the pills? I know she should not come in contact with the pills at all, but is that it for her?

Also, I know your sex drive decreases, is it significant? We have sex about once a week or every two weeks, on average.

Thanks doctor!

From what I gather (as one of the non-medics in SASHA) there is a small percentage of men who experience some sexual side effects, including lowered libido, erectile difficulties, and changes in volume of ejaculate. As for the impact of this on your pregnant wife, I have to advise you to check this out with the Gynae expert - go to Health 24 home page and look up Gynae Doc on the list of experts.