Question
Posted by: Alicia | 2011/10/17

pronation

Hi there,

I have pronation in both feet, but the one is a bit worse. I use to have inner soles, but I out grew them.
I like to do weights in the gym, but lately I feel a bit of (medial) pain in my knee, especially when I do the leg press machine.
Where can I go to get new " inner soles"  for my shoes?

thank you.

Alicia

Hi Alicia

A podiatrist is the person who makes custom built inner soles, and so that's the person to see. I don't know where you are, and even if I did, there's no directory for podiatrists, so you'd have to look one up. The other thing to bear in mind is that when you're doing leg press type exercise, your glutes have to work really hard to help stabilize and if they don't, then the knee can fall inwards causing that pain. So the insoles are not necessarily the answer - it may be that you have a weakenss that is compromising stability and if you address that, the need for inserts is dealt with. That would require some kind of core training - pilates is a good bet!

Ross

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2011/10/30

Hi Alicia

Ross

Reply to fitnessdoc