Posted by: CF | 2009-01-06

Promised Bonus still not received

Hello. In December when I questioned my employer about whether or not I was receiving a bonus, my manager said yes but the big boss said that he wasnt sure and would let me know. The very next day all employees received letters regarding the business and how we could better ourselves in our jobs etc. Also in this letter he said that he would be paying performance based bonuses at the end on the month (December). I went on leave and returned to the office yesterday. I have still not received any word from either the manager or the boss man and no extra money in my account.

My husband says I should question him. What do I do? In his letter he promised bonuses. I havent received one, does that possibly mean he thinks i dont deserve one??

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

It is suggested that you raise the question with them. Unfortunately a promised bonus without a specific number to it could even be R10.

Posted by: Me too | 2009-01-08

The term " performance bonus"  is a very loose term + can usually be interpreted in a number of ways. It opens the door for bosses to use it as they please - to their own advantage. I would firstly confront your manager + tell him that u want to know what' s going on. If u get no joy there then tackle the boss man head on. If they feel that they do not owe u a bonus then they at least owe u an explanation. Insist on nothing less than an explanation. Good luck.

Reply to Me too