Question
Posted by: Nokukhanya Pearl Xaba | 2011/08/12

Prolonged use of Trepiline 25mg

I have used trepiline 25mg for six months to make me sleep better. It iworked very well. Is it safe to use it continously as chronic medication to assist me sleep better, because I stopped using it for two weeks (after prescription finished). I''m struggling to sleep now. Also, is it related to weight gain.

Expert ImageSleep Expert

Yes it can cause weight gain in some people. Withdrwang trepiline can cause a rebound insomnia. As a matter of principle, there is always the potential for side-effects in any medication, so its use should be discussed with your doctor.