Posted by: worried | 2009-06-15

Prolonged period

I had my period on 31st march and did not have any for the whole of april. Took pregnancy tests and tehy were all negative. I had my period on the 16th May and again on the 3rd of June. The problem is I am still on my periods now, since the 3rd. It has not stopped. It is not heany nor is it light. It' s just a normal period, I do no feel any pain. Is this normal or could there be anything wrong with me?

Dear Worried
Irregular menstruation are often signs of an underlying problem like a ovarian cyst or infection or thyroid problems. It can also be caused by stress, certain medications, strict dieting and anovulation (when you don't ovulate each month)
Please rather see your doctor about this