Question
Posted by: Jenny | 2010-12-13

Prolapse and pregnant

I am 16 weeks pregnant and have a prolapse as well. Whenever I go to the toilet and wipe there is some blood, but nothing on my panties, it is only when I wipe. My gynae said I should try Canestan as the bleeding could be from thrush, but after a week there is no difference. I suspect the bleeding is from the prolapse. I don''t have any pain where the baby is, only very uncomfortable in my vagina and when I stand or walk my vagina gets sore. Is there anything I can do to make the bleeding stop.

Unfortunately, I don;t think there is anything you can do. When you say prolapse, do you mean that the womb is hanging outside the vagina, because this is the only circumstance where prolapse would cause bleeding. The other possibility is a threatened miscarriage.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-12-15