Question
Posted by: Marie | 2011/12/14

Prolapse

I had my bladder lifted in 2006 (after 3 vaginal births). Had a vaginal hysterectomy 5 weeks ago and since then i see that there is a few drops of urine that leaks into my underware. I am also tender on the right side of my tummy and it is ok after i sit down/ or rest. It is mostly if i have been on my feet the whole day. If i have a bowel movement, it feels like something is pressing into my vagina. It seems like a whole lot of strange things happening, and i am wondering if it could be some sort of prolapse and is it dangerous?

The urinary symptoms and tenderness are normal at this stage after a hysterectomy. You should be due for your 6 week check-up and your doctor can then assess if there are any problems.

1