Question
Posted by: Karen | 2009/11/01

prolapse

I have been told by my gynaecologist that I have stage 4 prolapse. He says that I need vaginal repair. I have a bit of discomfit - I can feel my vagina hanging down. I do not have problems with going to the toilet. Late in the day I need to urinate every 15 minutes but I do not have leakage unless I run or exercise. Is it necessary to have the surgery? How successful are these repairs? Can the operation be done using lasers?

There is no danger to the prolapse, just discomfort. If you can live with it then the surgery is not essential. Most repairs are about 80% successful, in that recurrences can happen later in life. The operation cannot be done with laser.

1