Posted by: Anon | 2011-09-14

Prolactin levels

My body is producing milk (I see it when I squeeze my breasts), I went for a prolactin test but it came back normal.
Does this mean I can fall pregnant like a normal person? But why the milk?
If it''s a tumour but my levels are normal, does this still decrease my chances of falling pregnant?

If your prolactin levels are normal, you can fall pregnant like any other person. There are other reasons for lactation and I suggest that you consult your doctor for an examination. Lactation can also be induced by medication and in psychological situations where a women wants to fall pregnant desperately. Do you think you might benefit from a consultation with a psychiatrist?