Question
Posted by: Jade | 2009-09-06

Prolactin

Treating prolactin for almost a year now.
I was placed on bromocriptine from half of 2.5 now i am using 2.5mg two times daily.
i am seriously trying to get pregnant and worried. is there hope for me? from yhe last test the level got higher. any other remedy

Dear Jade

There are alternatives to bromocriptine such as Norprolac which may be somewhat better although more expensive. I assume that you have had a full investigation of the pituitary gland prior to this. The prolactin will not affect your fertility if ovulation is taking place.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: MARIAM | 2009-09-10

dear doc, i am 42 years old and do not get my menstruation unless i go back on the trifasil pill. then only do i get it but with alot of back pain &  heavy bleeding. also i had a etopic pregnancy in 2005 and since have never fallen pregnant. what are my chances of having a baby and do you think it will be safe.
let me know as i am prepared to drive thru to see you.
thanks mariam

Reply to MARIAM