Question
Posted by: J | 2009/10/12

Progynova + Utrogestan

Hi. I am 38. Had bleeding at about 7 weeks, possibly fetus that didnt develop. Bleeding was controlled, fertility doc put me onto progynova and utrogestan. 2.5 weeks later there was no heartbeat. Could the Progynova have caused this? It says not ro pregnant women on the pack. This was an IVF pregnancy. Thank you!

Dear J

The Progynova does not cause miscarriages or early pregnancy losses. As a precaution most drugs will have in their information leaflets that they should not be given in pregnancy. However in IVF pregnancies one often uses Uterogestan or Progynova if it is indicated.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2009/10/21

Dear J

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert