Question
Posted by: Mrs. T | 2010-04-01

Progynova &  Cyclogest

Dear GynaeDoc

I am 35 years old and 7 weeks pregnant. This is my first pregnancy. I saw my gynae yesterday and he put me on Progynova &  Cyclogest because I had some spotting a week ago. When I got home, I read the insert for the Progynova and it says " Not for use during pregnancy" . Why would the gynae do this? And is the Cyclogest necessary if my progesterone levels are in check?

Thank You for your time.

Many package inserts cover themselves, but these hormones will not be harmful. Whether they are necessary is another question. If your progesterone levels are normal they are probably not, but I don't know your background in terms of previous gynae problems, fertility.etc.

2
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-04-03

Posted by: A | 2010-04-01

Hi. I was also put on the same 2 meds after bleeding. It is sometimes necessary to use those tabs. You will notice that on most meds it says not for use during pregnancy. My gynae is a fertility specialist and i have a lot of faith in his abilities, so you don''t need to worry. I think it is propbably more common to be put on these tabs than we realise. All the best.

Reply to A