Question
Posted by: leonie | 2011/04/15

PROGYNOVA

Two months ago I went and got the Petogen injection and my hormones were thrown out of balance - I was very sick and very tired. My gynae then prescribed Progynova tablets and Provera (I think) for last month and this month to counteract the injection. In the middle of May the injection should be working its way out of my system because my next injection appointment would''ve been 17 May.
My husband and I have decided to have another baby now and then he will go for a vasectomy. Are my chances good to conceive quickly because I was taking the hormone tabs with the injection. Is there any chance my hormones will be out of balance after this and I could have a miscarriage?
Please give me advice

After stopping the injection there is usually a delay in return to fertility of up to a year, whether or not you take pills. Your chance of miscariage is not increased.

1