Question
Posted by: Kasandra | 2011/03/30

Progress

Morning Cybie

Loving the weather, rainy and misty.

My great aunt now 85 has a mini stroke a few months ago and was put on blood pressure pills. When I went to visit her 2 weekends ago I was informed by her and my grandmother which she stays with, that she now decided not to re-fill her perscription and that she doesnt want to go to the doctor for another check up as she thinks she is old and what is the point. I have tried to reason with her but she will not listen. Guess I got my stubborness from her.

She has always been a rol model in my life. My kindness and willingness to help others, her big heart is all I have learned from her. Very vey close to her.

I dont know what else I can do, for I have accepted that she is old but scared of her suffering another mini stroke and sitting with all kinds of side effects.

Other then that. Things are good!

You inspired me to make my own ginger beer.

Thank you again for all your valuable input Cybie. Like always, much appreciated.

As someon who is old and DOES see the point, I worry about your great aunt. I wonder whether she might be becoming depressed, and hence tempted to give up ? Depression is common in the old, and some blood pressure meds may inadvertently kick it off, too. Maybe spendin some time with her, you may discover more about why she seems to be giving up, unnecessarily.
And to think I started off a home ginger beer industry ! I seem to remember back in my schooldays, it was delicious, but could go somewhat alcoholic if the fermentation went slightly wrong, and could become so fizzy as to occasionally explode the old bottles we'd put it in.

1