Question
Posted by: Kasandra | 2011/03/28

Progress

Hi Cybie

Just an update on my progress.

The vegetarian lifestyle, save the animals, save the planet is going well. Still feeling very serene and relax about everything in my life at the moment. Been taking time out just to relax over weekends.

Put myself up for volunteering for Green Peace and also SPCA so will see how that turns out.

Found the most amazing Australian imported Ginger Beer. Its awesome, wish I could post you a few.

Just feeling very at peace with myself and my environment at the moment.

Have a wonderful day.

I really like Ginger Beer, though BB probably has a good point about the carbon footprint of importing it. Whatever happened to those marvellously odd Ginger Beer Plants we used to swop way back in my school-days ? They seemed easy enough to produce ( though I think we needed stronger glass bottles than the current plastic ones ) and produced delicious ginger beer right in your own kitchen

3
Posted by: Friend of the Earth | 2011/03/28

Agree with BB too many people profess to being green without the faintest idea about what it means.
Lets hope she knows more about the nutritonal needs of vegetarians than she does about saving the planet! It would be a shame if her health suffers due to lack of knowledge.

Reply to Friend of the Earth
Posted by: Bubble Burster | 2011/03/28

Buying imported ginger beer is hardly very green! Think of the carbon print in flying liquids around the world? You are not saving the planet by buying it but contributing to the unessarily consumption of the planets scarce resources.
If you are serious about going green please research the subject. You appear to have jumped into too many good causes without reading too much into the subject.
Try to buy local goods and produce that is in season, this will also help the economy by providing local jobs. Remember charity begins at home, assisting the Australian economy is probably not the most caring thing you can do!

Reply to Bubble Burster