Question
Posted by: Kasandra | 2011/02/23

Progress

Hi Cybie
Wow its an eye opener how you develop a relationship with alcohol without even really realising how it impacts on your life. Since Saturday I have been booze free, but we had a braai and dinner party till today and its freaky how your brain just are aware of the booze around you especially since you dont want to drink.

Alcohol is however so draining on your health.

Its weird how things just pop up and you have to re-program your brain again.

My husband dont really understand why I want to do this now and before our holiday, my points is that I can have fun and adventure in my life without booze. I know its not always going to be easy but I am determined, one day at a time.

Part of the problem, I noticed some years ago, is also that non-alcoholic drinks are so often unavailable or utterly boring. If a hostess feels it's fine ( as it is ) to provide a tasty vegetarian alternative for vegetarian guests, why not also a pleasant and unusual non-alcoholic punch or other drink for guests who for whatever reason, don't drink alcohol ?
And have you noticed how basic the assumption is that we drink alcohol, that when someone doesn't, we say they "don't drink", as though alcohol was the only significant drinkable around ?
Keep up the sober project !

3
Posted by: Kasandra | 2011/02/23

Hi Sean

Thanks! I would rather avoid alcohol all together.

Reply to Kasandra
Posted by: Sean | 2011/02/23

What about a light beer like Castle Lite? Or savannah Lite for the missus? I don't know your personal story, but I thought I'd help.

Reply to Sean

Keep up the sober project !