Question
Posted by: Honey | 2009/10/19

PROGRAMME

Dear Dr, I am female 38 yrs old, 164cm &  weigh 74. My body fat is 32%. Just joined Virgin Active. Would like to know what type of programme to follow if I want to loose about 8kgs. I plan on going to gym 3 x a week. My main problem is my tummy &  chest area. What should my body fat % be? Thanks for advice &  God bless.

Hi Honey

My advice is to follow the programme which you'll enjoy most. I know that sounds flippant, but it's vital that you enjoy training, because this is not a one month fix. It's many months, and that means you must enjoy it, otherwise you'll stop before you see progress.

So if you enjoy running, then the programme should be based around running. If it's cycling, then ride. I'd recommend that you check out the Fitness page of this site, and click on Programmes and then choose one of the programmes available, which involves the exercise of your choice.

Also, remember to experiment, play around with the machines and find what you enjoy most, so that you make it fun to train, not a labour!

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2009/10/27

Hi Honey

Reply to fitnessdoc