Question
Posted by: Hazel | 2011/04/06

Progestrone level

Hi Doc,

Please can you advise , if my day 21 progestrone test came back at 29.8 is this good? Or should I use fertomid and ovidrel as well, when doing iui with donor sperm?

Thanking you.

Dear Hazel

A level of 29.8 is usually compatible with ovulation but this does depend on the reference value range of the specific the laboratory that was used. However, if you were using the fertility ovulation drug levels above 40 would be more acceptable.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

2
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2011/04/11

Dear Hazel

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert
Posted by: biki | 2011/04/07

Ive been struggling with my progesterone level for quite some time. My first one was 4 and the next was 19.5. going for my 21 day test tommorow and would hopefully have improved. According to my gynea it should be at least 60 to indicate ovulation (I assume this is the reason why you are doing Progesterone tests) Hope it helps

Reply to biki