Question
Posted by: Pixie | 2008/09/02

progesterone post complete hysterectomy

Hello, I had a complete hysterectomy at the age of 34 (I had severe endometreoisis). I was told that I need to take HRT - oestrogen only. My question is why do I not need progesterone? Would it do me any harm to use a natural progesterone cream? Thanks - I look forward to your response.

Progesterone is not helpful for menopausal symptoms. It is used if you have a uterus, to balance the effects on the womb lining which is not necessary in your case. There would not be any value to using progesterone cream.