Question
Posted by: biki | 2011/03/14

Progesterone levels

Dear Doc,
Thank you so much for your reply, although I am now more confused than ever. According to the site you said I should visit, my progesterone levels should be above 15, to show definite ovulation. My level according to my gynea is 19.5, yet she said there is no way that I ovulated. She prescribed a double dose of clomid to enduce it. Not sure if I ovulated or not. Please please help

Hallo Biki
I think Dr Burger answered your first question but to determine ovulation we usually do not check progesterone levels alone, but also look (with a sonar) at the ovaries whether there are signs of active follicles. No one test result can determine if you have abnormal progesterone levels. The hormone increases and decreases through numerous factors, such as age, test method, and the procedures of different labs. Also important is to know where where you are in your menstrual cycle since the amount of the horome will change with the time of the month.
Your gynecologist would probably not have prescribed Clomid if she thought you were ovulating.
dr Bets

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/03/14

Hallo Biki
dr Bets