Posted by: Progesterone | 2009-09-01

Progesterone Cream

How does Progesterone cream help with fertility?
How much should I use and on which parts of my body?

Dear Progesterone

It is important to note that all progesterone type creams may not be the same and certainly may not be the same dosages, they will come in different strengths and I would recommend that if you take a certain type of a progesterone cream first consult with your gynaecologist as to the dosage and to the appropriate use of such creams. Progesterone in infertility is usually used to supplement for the lack progesterone in an in-vitro fertilization cycle after an aspiration has been done. There is usually an inadequate amount of progesterone in the early part of pregnancy with an IVF cycle and this is the role of extra progesterone to be given.

Answered by: Dr. Y.M. Dasoo

Posted by: R | 2009-09-02

I am using Crinone, prescribed by my gynae. It is applied vaginally. I believe it helps to keep the lining of the uterus thick.

Reply to R