Posted by: Amore | 2009-08-17

Progesterone &  Endometrioses

Can Progesterone Cream be beneficial for Endometrioses? If so, are there any dangers I should be aware of - could it be bad for me if I don' t have a Progesterone problem?
I had a Laparoscopy 2 weeks ago - big cysts were lasered off my Uterus, Ovaries, Bladder. Trying very hard to conceive our first child. I' m 25 and Husband 35 with Perfect Sperm Analysis. Otherwise in very good health. (Was on Triphasil from age 15 and stopped more than a year ago - only actively started " trying"  since Jan 09).

We have been advised to try naturally for the next 3 months (after which we would start with Stimulation). Apparently the next 6-8 months are optimal for conception after the Laparoscopy. I have read the Health24 article on Endometrioses and I am very concerned that this might make it very difficult to conceive now or to have more than one child in the future should it become more severe.

I have a good Gynea/Fertility Spec. but I could really do with your advise - every month ending in a menstrual cycle is heart-breaking, but we are willing to try anything that might be remotely beneficial and healthy.
Kind regards

Dear Amore

Depending on the stage of the endometriosis I would recommend that you continue trying conservative treatment for atleast another 2-3 months. Thereafter you have earned your ovulation induction and assisted reproductive treatment methods. The use of ovulation detection kits may be of great help at this stage and should be done for the next 2-3 months atleast together with well-timed intercourse.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim