Question
Posted by: Cols | 2008/07/23

Professional help details

Hi again... I have been trying to find some professional help but I am also looking for someone that can help me deal with crisis type issues.... the past few years has not only thrown armed robberies, deaths of family friends and insensitive doctors, giving my mother only 18 months to live, at me but also left me to cope with many loss issues that I clearly have not been able to deal with on my own.

Please can you advise me of anyone that you know that might be able to help me. I live in the northern areas and it would also be a great benifit if they were contracted in and I could claim from Medical Aid for them.... what good is paying a medical aid if I can' t use it when I most need to.

Thanks again for all the advise....

Sounds very sensible for you to see a good local shrink for assessment and counselling. But there's no way I could recommend any specific shrink, even if knew where you live ! Ask your GP, and try calling your nearest branch of Lifeline, and the Depression/Anxiety Support Group, maybe FAMSA, to suggest a few local shrinks you can chose from