Question
Posted by: Adrienne | 2011/03/13

Profession vs Passion

I''m 25 and realizing that the business world aint for me. The only way you''r really going to make it big, is if you''r a guy who can go out for drinks after work, the social game,recruiting clients etc. i envy people who''ve found their niche in life, i think the sport professionals have the best lives, oh and supermodels. Life is what u make of it,yes blah blah,ses those who hav had a red carpet thrown before them. I just feel screwed either way, staying with the known or venturing to the unknown

I really doubt that drinks after work is at all necessary to business success - but it's maybe a popular myth among guys who want an excuse for drinking too much. In my long years in practice, I saw many miserable sportsmen and models and stars - its their PR that makes it appear that they live such easy and lovely lives. Would you really rather be Charlie Sheen ?

4
Posted by: Adrienne | 2011/03/14

Thanks for the feedback. Lol.charlie sheen must have had a bad childhood and is acting out now. I''ll keep my dayjob and follow my passions part-time. Yes money isnt everything, it just pays off your rent,car,necessities, allows you to go on holiday...i guess life''s all about balance

Reply to Adrienne
Posted by: Truth | 2011/03/14

What sort of professional are you?
This country does not need supermodels or sports professionals.
Please try to use your skills for the betterment of society or at least transfer the skills you have before becoming a dress designer/party planner!

Reply to Truth
Posted by: Happiness | 2011/03/14

Forget about money when deciding on what you want to do with your life. Do what you love and money will automatically follow, even better you won''t be needing to drag yourself to work. It will come naturally to you.

Reply to Happiness