Posted by: Tshego Matome | 2011-01-15

Problems with the urinary tract

I am a 26 year old female &  am very suppceptible to urinary tract infections. One doctor once told me that having sex with a full bladder does contribute, and have then on started emptying out my blabber afetr intercourse. But the problem still persists and am frequantly on antibiotic treatment (Ciprofloxacin). I am affraid of eventually causing antibiotc resistance and have started taking Cramberry supplements to prevent the adhering of the bacteria on my urinary tract. My infection incedence has decreased, but i still suffer from the persistant symptoms associated with the infection, such as sudden need to urinate, frequent urination &  inability to hold my urine. I am starting to suspect that there might be something wrong with my bladder. Can you please advice as to what I should do &  appropriate tests to be done to receive a correct diagnosis.

Looking forward to our responce

It is imperative to consult a urologist for a full examination and possible cystoscopy, to exclude any pathological cause.