Posted by: sandra | 2008-12-17

problems with mirena

i have endometriosis and a year ago after my first op i had the mirena fitted. when i went for a scan six months after the doctor said it looked like the one arm was going into the one side of my uterus too much, but not to worry and come back in six months. when i had the scan again the nuse said the device looked like it was fitted fine. i had a op two weeks later for my endometriosis and bleed alot from my vagina, is this normal - i haven' t had a period in over a year? since the op my partner has said he can feel the device during sex, i have also found it to be a bit painful at times and have blead twice, i' ve also had a very thcik discharge. i' m worried the device has become dislodged. is it normal for you partner to feel it? i' ve also had nausea the past two weeks and some vomiting, though i' m not sure if this is due to stress and my spastic colon.

It can be normal for your partner to feel the strings of the Mirena. These can be cut shorter by your doctor. Irregular bleeding is also common, but you should still have regular Gynae check-ups.

Posted by: rebecca | 2008-12-17

I am not sure about the situation with the endometriosis and how this affects the mirena being in place. However, what I can I say is that my husband felt it, and I had to have the strings cut - TWICE! He does feel it at times, but we then shift and change position. Maybe your op affected it? Despite the aforegoing issues etc. we do not have any problems and it s still in situ. All the best.

Reply to rebecca