Question
Posted by: concerned | 2009-05-27

Problems with bowel

HI Doc

I have a question i am a 37 year old male with some bowel problems, i went to my doc and told him that i keep on getting a pain in my right hand side. He took blood and then did some other tests. One of the test' s was anormal X Ray and i was shown that i have some blockage in the right hand side of the bowel.

He gave me coloprep to use .... i had a good run at first and then
it became normal water, i am not yet sure if the blockage is gone.
Should i go back for another scan or should i wait to see what happens.

I am a little concernd as i dont want to sit with something more serious and not do anything about it.

Dear Concerned
I think it is good to go back for a follow up x/ray to ensure that the blockage is resolved. I also think you should take something like Duphalac or Fybogel orange on a regular basis to ensure that your bowel empties regularly.

1
Posted by: concerned | 2009-05-28

HI Doc

Went for the scan again ... looks much better doktor said it cleared preety good only small amounts left, but lots and lost of gas now because of coloprep.

I feel ok just a little bloated at this stage, taking Probi 5 and eating allot of fruits and cereal.

I would like to feel better by the end of the week, this has been going on for too long. Will Fybogel be ok if i have IBS ??

Reply to concerned