Question
Posted by: Me | 2008/09/29

problems being ignored

My husband and I are having marital problems, physical and emotional abuse being a big part of it, since weve been married, 3 years. He refuses to go for therapy, I' ve started going for personal therapy because its just become too much for me to deal with on my own. A few weeks ago I told him that the business he wants us to acquire is not a good idea in light of the fact that we are going through major marital issues and buying a business under these circumstances is not a step to be taken lightly, in addition we are married in community of property and he has often threatened divorce when our arguments got heated, so I was concerned, didnt say I dont want the business, just that we need to face our issues first before taking such a big step. I just found out, by almost coercing him into admitting, that he has in fact acquired the business, will be signing the papers tomorrow, and to bypass the fact that he needs my permission because of how we are married, he has put his mother' s house up as collateral, and put her down as the owner. So he has gone right over my head and ignored completely what I said, and I just feel that this is the final nail in our divorce coffin. I dont know if this is worth the energy and time anymore, because it seems like he just doesnt care to work out our issues

Good idea to start with individual therapy, and discus your broader dilemma with your own therapist. I don't understand the legal issue, but it sounds as though you may need good legal advice, too. If he needed your permission and acted without it, check with a lawyer as to how to protect your rights.