Question
Posted by: BR | 2011/08/16

Problems after smoking weed

My partner and I experimented with weed a couple of weeks ago. The first two times I did not really feel anything except for a very dry mouth and feeling very passive.
The third time I took more and I felt completely detached from everything. He felt like a complete stranger to me and I could not get myself to enjoy sex with him, apart from the fact that I again felt completely passive...
He is upset about this and says that the drug takes away all your inhibitions and that that is the way I really feel. I am very sure that this is not the way that I feel. We have a great sex l and I would not have wanted to be with anyone else.
I have never taken drugs before and will not ever do it again, but how do I tell him that the way I was then is NOT the way I feel towards him?

I agree with Caro. The drug does NOT "take away all your inhibitions" - fortunately, no drug reliably does that. Alcohol does, so a significant extent - and how genuinely loving is a man who needs to be drunk or drugged to enjoy sex with you, and who has no respect for your inhibitions ( everyone ought to have some ).

3
Posted by: He | 2011/08/17

You got love why are you trying drugs?

Is love not enough? Is it real love?

Reply to He
Posted by: Caro | 2011/08/17

Turn the table and ask him to explain how an unnatural, drug-induced state can portray how a person genuinely feels. If he does not believe you ask him why he feels he needs to be drugged to be with someone he loves - is that not more telling?

Reply to Caro