Posted by: Colourful | 2012-07-26

Hi there, About the beginning of May I started spotting everyday, my period is only due around the 29th of each month! I went to my gp as I also has severe lower back pains. He did a urine test and noticed that there was blood in my urine. Then I got admitted to hospital, had a scope and a mri and then when they could not find anything wrong they then sent me to my gynae! My gynae noticed that my bladder was not emptying itself properly! I then got sent back to the urologist who then admitted me back into hospital. Everyone kept on overlooking the fact that I am still spotting. When I got checked out of hospital (a month ago) I had an extreme long and heavy period. Now I am currently spotting again and I permanently getting a discharge and feel like a smell. I also get major pains in my lower tummy! Please help! I have once before left a tampon in that the gynae found (about 3 years ago) and also had a very smelly discharge then too. Could this have happened again! I have checked to the best of my ability o see if there is a tampon in there and the gynae did do an internal scan while I was in hospital and he never said a word. I had my tubes tied last year and had no problems until May, what could it be?

I presume that you have had an internal examination and a pap smear. A tampon would have been detected with these. The next step would be to have a hysteroscopy ( to look inside the uterus)to see if there is a problem there.