Question
Posted by: Kenna | 2011/03/03

Problematic Toenails

Good afternoon

Please could you help me. There are discolourations from the middle to the ends of my toenails. Even when I clip them it remains and just grows further but it never grows out. The discolouration is like a light brown colour, and I have noticed a thickening of one of the smaller toes'' nails. To add further embarrasment, when I cut the nail of my big toe,it is very hard and also starting to thicken and there''s a cheesy odour that emanates when I do the clipping. I have tried to scrape out the offensive odour by taking out what I think is dead skin with a nail file underneath the nail, but it still persists. Please could you advise on what I should do as this is very embarrassing.

Hallo Kenna
Please see your doctor or a dermatologist as it sounds as if you have a fungal infection of the nail. This needs prescription medication and treatment of at least 8 weeks.

3
Posted by: Mary | 2011/03/03

Sounds like an infection. You should go see a podiatrist.

Reply to Mary
Posted by: Blueberry | 2011/03/03

Hi Kenna

It is a fungus. Go to your chemist and buy Loceryl - it is a complete treatment kit that is used once a week until the nails are clear. But, it is very expensive, in the region of R600 - works like a bomb though !!

Reply to Blueberry
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/03/03

Hallo Kenna