Posted by: Tanya | 2008-12-15

Problematic menstrual cycle

Ever since my first born I' ve had irregular and excessively irritable menstrual cycle. My oldest is now 13 years old. It lasts for about 3 weeks &  stops for only a couple of days. Whenever my husband &  I have sex it is as if it brings it on as well.
I have been to my GP and he has no explanation for this. I do not use any contraceptive as my tubes were tied about 8 years ago but I have tried all contraceptives just to get some kind of cycle back but no luck.
Do you have any advice as I am fed up with having my period , do I need to go to a gynecologist &  what tests or treatment can I expect?

You should see a gynaecologist. He would do some hormone tests and possibly a scan and tests to look at the womb.