Question

Problem with the lips

Hi doc, I have a problem, my lower lip has a reddish/pink colour, the skin is off, it is like for the person who drinks too much,but I don' t drink and I never drink. Is there something that I can use for this kind of problem.

Thanx

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Anonymous, thank you for the question.

Your best option would be to consult a dermatologist who can examine the skin and advise you on the best treatment options. From your description it seems that the skin of the lip is sloughing with a resultant inflammatory effect. This may be due to a reaction (dermatitis) or a form of eczema or a form of dry skin (xerosis). Following from this most of these conditions would need some form of prescription medicine to treat them correctly.

1

Hi Doc, thanx for your reply, is there any dermatologist that you can recommend for me in cape town?
thanx