Question
Posted by: Monique | 2009/11/04

problem with just born kittens

i need help please. my cat gave birth on saturday, 3 kittens were born normally but the 1 died sunday and 1 yesterday it looked like they were struggling to breath, 2 also miscarried while she was given birth. she actually started with the birthing process on friday but nothing happened until saturday, i see the last kitten also is starting to have the same symptoms as the others problem breathing and making strange noises, i do not know if it was just a big problem with the birth? i was also wondering my cat is wearing a flea coller since september, could the kittens been poisoned by it? My cat is about 3 years old, is she to old to give birth? i am also now worried about milk fever if all the babies die and the mother still have milk, what can i do to prevent milk fever? please help

Dear Monique

Firstly, I think you should take the kittens to a vet. Milk fever is associated with a shortage of milk.

2
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/11/04

Not sure about the flea collar but do you think they get enough or milk from her at all? Maybe she don' t have enough or no milk at all then you will have to feed yourself. Take both to the Vet asap if before it is too late.

Posted by: Cybervet | 2009/11/04

Dear Monique

Reply to Cybervet