Question
Posted by: Annon | 2009/07/14

Problem with eye (lump)

Good morning Doc,

I have this problem with my right eye, on top of my eye lid I have this lump, it was only a small lump but this last week it got a bit bigger, now I work as a capenter, do you think maybe a splint of wood or dust could cause this, it' s not painfull and it' s hard, it' s not a mushy lump - if that makes sence.

The lump have been on my lid for a couple of months now.

Hi Annon
It is probably a blocked meibom gland (gland that makes a oily substance for the eye) - please let your doctor have a look as it may needs draining - it can develop into an abcess if infected
dr Bets