Question
Posted by: Embarrassed | 2011/03/10

Problem toenails

I have a very embarrassing problem. My toenails are becoming increasingly hard, but not yet painful when I try to cut them. However, when clipping the big toenail, there is a cheesy odour emanating. To further embarras me, the edges of my toenails until the middle of the nail is a discoloured brown. Lately I have also noticed that when I touch my big toes or just touch it against something like my takkies or any shoes, including soft ones like slippers, they are painful and sensitive. Please can you advise what I should do?

Hallo Embarrassed
You probably have a fungal infection of the nails. Please see your doctor as you may need a prescription for an antifungal tablet to take for a few weeks.

2
Posted by: A | 2011/03/10

Sounds lika a fungal infection for which you''ll need meds from doc.

Reply to A
Posted by: cYBERDOC | 2011/03/10

Hallo Embarrassed

Reply to cYBERDOC