Question
Posted by: MUM | 2008/10/23

PROBLEM TEEN

I had a call from my sons (13 years) school principal saying that he had thrown a bottle of juice on the prefect on duty. My son has a history of friction with other kids since pre-school. He was diagnosed ADD when 6. Had OT Speech theraphy, psycotheraphy. Been on ritalin but does not want to take it any more. I have asked the principal to call both my husband and myself in so that he hears the extent of this from her.
My husband is an abusive man, both physically, verbally and emotionally. His answer to something like this is he is a boy.
My husband, although we live in same house, does not communicate with me or my daughter of 18.
I am planning to move with the kids once exams are over.
Please help me as I do not know where to go from here.

The abuse is probably very relevant, and will have re-inforced the idea of violence as being acceptable, at least by his father's example. This needs to be discussed with hit therapist, and he should probably resume the Ritalin or some similar treatment, and perhaps some counselling, too. To what extent is your son aware of the drama developing between you and your husband ? Is it possible that part of the isue right now, is that by making trouble for himself at school, he may think he will force the two of you to talk to erach other and collaborate in trying to sort this out ?

1
Posted by: llady nina | 2008/10/23

hi there

i think once you are happy and strong your teen will settle down.

you kids is not a problem, he is trying his best to cope with life, just like you are. there is a problem at home and that needs to get sorted before you can start working on your child.

i can' t tell you where to go from here but i can tell you it could be a better place , a place where ytou have peace and security , place where all of you could live the life your deserve,

change is always difficult but sometimes the best things is life cost the most

don' t fight with your child, don' t feel guitly and ashamed
you are doing the best you can at the moment - give yourself some credit and your child as well

take care

nina

Reply to llady nina