Question
Posted by: Kelly | 2010/11/08

Problem staying asleep for more than 2 hours at a time

I can''t stay asleep at night. I go to bed at 10pm, and each time I wake up I can tell you what the time is before I look at the clock. It has become such a " habit"  I am awake at 12am, 2am, 4am and then at 6am.

Each time I wake up I will go to the loo, because I won''t get back to sleep if I don''t. Sometimes I do actually need to wee, but other times, my bladder is not that full. So I originally thought I was waking because I had a weak bladder, or had drunk too much liquid before going to bed. But I try not to drink anything after 6pm, and I still have this problem.

I am exhausted!!! I am a 30 year old female, I am pregnant at the moment (20 week) but I have had this problem from before I fell pregnant (just now, it is more often)

How can I get myself to STAY asleep?

Expert ImageSleep Expert

Everyone wakes up every 90 minutes or so every night - they just don't remember it. Your problem is not that you are waking - it may be that you are not falling asleep easily enough after waking, or else that you are not getting quality sleep when you do get to sleep.

You are going to need a sleep doctor to help you sort out the problem.

1
Posted by: Sleep expert | 2010/11/09

Reply to Sleep expert