Question
Posted by: Marita | 2010-10-06

Problem sleeping

I am a very light sleeper, and is currently using a light sleeping tablet for the past 3 weeks. I cannot say it helps much. The biggest problem is that my husband snores and then I cannot fall asleep or I wake up as soon as he comes to bed. Sometimes I can then not sleep for most of the night. Sleeping in different rooms for the rest of our lives is not an option to me. At this stage the whole sleeping story at night is becoming a mental problem to me. I start worrying about it already early evening and do not know how to change that. I have also tried every natural sleep remedy suggested by others, e.g Melatonin.

Expert ImageSleep Expert

You said it yourself - "the problem is that my husband snores". The snoring is a sign that he may have a condition called Obstructive Sleep Apnoea. This condition results in double the death rate in sufferers.

So, apart from the fact the his snoring is messing up your sleep, it may also be affecting his health. He needs to get advice about this - he can either discuss it with his GP, or get to see an ear, nose and throat doctor.

2
Posted by: Also light sleeper | 2010-10-07

Get earplugs.

I buy the Cloud Soft earplugs and it works wonderfully! It just takes some time getting used to it, but now I can''t sleep without it!

Reply to Also light sleeper
Posted by: Sleep expert | 2010-10-07

Reply to Sleep expert