Question
Posted by: Nobantu | 2012-08-03

Problem in the marriage

I got married in 2008 to a man who has 2 daughters we went well and decided to stay with the younger daughter, but his sisters confused the daughter and told her that I am not fit to stay with her because I am abusing her just because I make her clean the dishes, right I decided not to entertain that and off she went and now last week Monday as we were ready to go to work a message from his phone entered he looked at it and oh guess what the daughter has drawn all the money from the father''s account, and I asked how come and that is when he told me that he opened an account for the daughter and did not know that it was linked you know what we now have a 4 year old son but he wont even pay R250 for the creche not even buy sweet for me or the child all he will tell is the daughter wants this the daughter wants this I have just decided to look at him because now he needs money like no body''s business he is afraid to ask me. What must I do to make him see that what he is doing is wrong because whenever I tell him he says I am jeoulous of the daughter, please assist. I have told myself I am working but I need him to take care of us also with my son.

You dont mention the age of these daughters. But how could one withdraw all the money from the father's account, unless he was foolish enough to give her written permission to do so, and his account number and passwords, whatever - which no sensible man should ever do. But if she took the money without his permission, thatIf he opened an account for her ( why couldnt she do this for herself ) she would have had to be there to sign it, etc., and it couldn't possibly have been ACCIDENTALLY linked to his account allowing her to draw on it.
It sounds as though he is too attached to paying for whatever his daughtwer wants ( and she'\s old enopugh that she should be caring for herself from her own work ) but that he may be neglecting you, his wife, and especially his youngest child.
Tell hi its not about you being jealous of his spoiled daughter, but that he is neglecting his wife and his youngest child who neds his support, and is spoiling the older daughter, letting her have anything she wants without working for anything. He must realize that if you separated, or divorced him, he would have to pay maintenance for the child's cae, anyway

1