Question
Posted by: Caroline | 2010-01-14

Problem in our sex life

The problem is is that I am on the pill and my sex drive is not that great and my husband has a very high sex drive and wants sex all the time but I just can' t seem to keep up with his demands. He then gets all moody but he bottles it up inside and doesn' t say anything about it. I just wish he would speak to me and tell me what is on his mind. I feel like going off the pill so my sex drives picks up but then might fall pregant and have a third child.
I feel sorry for my hubby as he gets beside himself if he can' t get his end away. I am also scared he might go looking elsewhere for sex.

if you really think that it is the pill that is decreasing your sex drive, you can try alternative forms of contraception such as the injection, the loop or hormone patches which may not affect your libido as much as the pill. remember that psychological stressses (including relationship problems) and medical problems can also led to decreased desire for sex. it would be worthwhile for you to exclude these problems with a doctor or councellor. it also seems that you and your husband need to communicate more. you should try expressing to him the difficulties you are experiencing or if you are unable to do this, speaking to a couple's counsellor will help.

2
Posted by: XXX | 2010-01-14

This is an old age problem that many,many couples face ie one partner has a higher sex drive than the other.You both simply have to compromise.Are his demands once daily,twice daily etc etc ?
Does he understand you also work/have children to care for/make the meals/make sure the house is kept clean (if these are all applicable to you).Maybe get him more involved in the running of the household and then see how frisky he is.
From your perspective,make sure you are not too stressed/tired etc and also find time for him.It is very important to not only have " me"  time but also " we"  time.
The mere fact that you are aware of the issue and want to do something about it means a lot- too many people just don' t seem to care.
By the way,if you don' t always feel up to actual penetration sex then there are other ways of relieving him !

Reply to XXX
Posted by: Woman | 2010-01-14

Why don' t you try another birth control option? The UIF, the injection... I think you should visit your gynae &  discuss your options.

Reply to Woman