Question
Posted by: Corne | 2008/08/20

Problem combonation skin!

Hi Expert!

I' m a 25 yr old girl with a problem combonation skin. My cheecks, nose and chin are very oily and I have a pinkish skintone on my cheecks. I' m currently using Annique skincare products, but still I have shiny, oily skin with pimples on my chin and sometimes on my cheecks. Its extremely embarrassing for me to have these skin problems at my age!!! Please advise me on what I can use that will REALLY HELP me because I want to have beautiful, clear skin. I have seen you talking about a product called Prostrata or Dermastrat or something like that, where will I be able to buy the above named products? I would greatly appreciate your help. Looking forward to your reply.
Thanx!

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hello Corne, thank you for the question and my apologies for the delay in my response..

Your best approach would be to consult a dermatologist who can examine the skin and give the appropriate diagnosis and treatment regime. From your description you may be suffering from a medical condition known as Rosacea. Rosacea is characterized by a red skin tone (almost like blushing) that worsens with certain trigerring factors such as stress/anxiety, alcohol, hot baths/showers, and exercise. Furthermore, Rosacea can also present with an acne form outbreak.

My approach would be to treat the acne and combination skin with the following topical regime:
Oil free moisturizer, SPF, and any other products placed on to the skin (including makeup) – one can find the oil free range with NeoStrata’s product range.
Laser or IPL for the Rosacea.

If the above does not give relief one may need to add a course of antibiotics.

1
Posted by: Corne | 2008/08/20

Sorry I see the name is Neostrata!!! That is what I actually meant.

Reply to Corne