Question
Posted by: koos | 2010-04-29

Probleem met kat

cs ek het n katjie gekry 6 weke oud hy te pragtig.....die ding is hy gebruik sy sandbak,maar gister toe poef hy op die bed.....wat maak ek nou hmmm....jy het ok mos n kat lol!!

As with children who have become house-trained and reliable in using a toilet who then begin soiling themselves in the wrong place or time, this can indicate a kid / cat who is distressed about something - or maybe just simply felt the need when for some reason the liter box wasn't accessable - maybe someone had without thinking just temporarily closed the door to the room it's in.
The instinct to use the box seems very powerful and built-in. And I've noticed so is the yrge to cover up the evidence afterwards. My cat will poo, scratch in the box till it has disappeared beneath the litter - and then carry on vigorously across the liter-box, then across the kitchen floor, scratching at non-existent litter, or whatever is in her path, for some minutes afterwards, as if rather obsessuively worried she hasn't done a good enough job on the first burial.

1