Question
Posted by: Sam | 2009-03-31

Probiotics for toddlers

I have a son 1yrs and a daughter 2.5 yrs. My daughter will start school next term but i have heard a lot of moms complain about constant flu due to all the kids at school. My son had a very week immune system (abandoned at birth) but is now (the past two months) doing very well. I am just wondering if there is a good probiotic, to give to them to streghten their immune system, as i really do not want them to go through constant flu every two weeks as the past year.

Expert ImageProbiotics expert

Hi Sam
Yes I recommend REUTERI (Drops or chewable tablets) because the dose is 1 daily (or 5 drops daily all at one time) so it is easy to remember, cost effective AND it is one of the most thoroughly scientifically researched and clinically proven probiotics in the world.
In fact research on this exact situation (children at school or day-care) showed that supplementing with a REUTERI ongoing, reduced the risk of infection in day care children, absenteeism, Dr. visits etc were also reduced. This is clear clinical evidence in support of the immune boosting properties of REUTERI. Refer to www.biogaia.com, look under research and look for studies by a Peadiatrician called Dr. Weizman.

1
Posted by: peter | 2009-04-12

Why don' t you recommend Infantiflora or Kiddieforte which are specifically formulated for kids and will boost their immune system.

Reply to peter