Question
Posted by: Pain | 2009-03-15

Probiotics can they cause cramps

Since I have been on a number of antibiotics last year I was advised to take Probiotics for constipation.

After taking ProbiFlora for two weeks the constipation has cleared up wonderfully but I notice I get terrible cramps.

Could the probiotics cause this?

I am Lactose intolerant can this be related at all?

Expert ImageProbiotics expert

One of the only side-effects attributed to probiotics is the possibility of more gas or bloating. This usually resolves after a few days, so yes it is possible that you have a little more gas, but probiotics are very unlikely to cause “terrible cramps”.

1
Posted by: eli | 2009-03-30

Since about 2 years i have this problem, when i swallow i feel like that their is a tablet stuck at the bottom of my throat passage. Sometime the symtoms is there and sometime not. When it is there it stays for a few days and fade away. I saw a doctor in Howick who treated me for Candida. Now that the Candida is over i have it less. I do sometime also have patches on my tongue. I am on High blood pressure tablets daily. Could you recommend what can i do for this problem.

Many Thanks

Reply to eli