Question
Posted by: Pinkie | 2009/10/23

Probiotics + bleeding

pls help

3 days ago i went to my gynae to get treated for yeast infection - i was bleeding when i went to see him

He gave me a cream Dalacin VC , 4 sporanox (to take within 24 hours) and 5 Dumoxin to take for 5 days.

the bleeding stopped after 2 days

after reading that Probiotics are very good in replacing the good bacteria that antibiotics remove from the system, i decided to buy them (9 strain) last night and took one pill before sleeping

this morning i woke up and i was sort of spotting and there was some small pieces of clot and red slimey blood

what does this mean? is that how the probiotics work or could this mean that the yeast is coming back?

i am very worried, my doctor is very busy and not easy to ask him on the phone

can someone please tell me it this is normal or not

Expert ImageProbiotics expert

Dear Pinkie

There are some probiotics that are very good for maintaining the normal vaginal flora, and to help prevent recurrences of yeast infections.

However, bleeding and passing clots are not usually the symptoms of a mild yeast infection, and I would recommend that if your symptoms have not improved within a day or two you should consult your gynaecologist again. The probiotics should only act to restore your normal good bacterial flora, and should not cause you to bleed.

1
Posted by: Probiotics Expert | 2009/10/23

Dear Pinkie

Reply to Probiotics Expert