Posted by: tickey | 2009-01-14

probiotics and halitosis

Is it true that probiotics could help to cure bad breath and if so which probiotic would be the one to use?

Expert ImageProbiotics expert

Hi Tickey
Back after the holidays at last, sorry about the delay.
Yes, it is true that probiotics can HELP with bad breath. You should try Reuteri Lozenges or Chewing Gum; these are especially made for oral health problems (vs. gut health like all the others).
Bad breath can only be “cured” by practising good daily oral hygiene (brushing AND FLOSSING) and by regular visits to the dentist.
Probiotics like REUTERI help in reducing bad bacteria levels in your mouth, reduce plaque build-up over time and also reduce swelling and bleeding gums (called gingivitis)

Posted by: nicky | 2009-01-22

I find that if it isn' t your teeth, than the problem starts with your stomach and your digestive system. To be quite honest i find that drinking probiotics that helps to fight the smelly bad bacteria really works.
I use PROBIFLORA INTENSIVE 9 STRAIN. It helps because it is micro encapsulated so that your stomach acid doesn' t destroy the good bacteria and there are 9 different strains so the chanses of it working and fighting against the correct bad bacteria are much bigger.

Good luck.

Reply to nicky