Question
Posted by: lucille | 2008-11-05

probiotics and chronic thrush

i have been to dr' s and gyaneos,took every pill and creams,had swabs and pep smears and nothing was found and yet im still suffering with this infection, the last dr i went to suggested that i tahe probiotics with the 9 strains 2 per day, to restore the flora in my intestines, i have been taking them for about two weeks now and im not sure whether they r working or cause somedays its worse, did the dr suggest a good thing or am i doomed for kife, i have been suffering for 3years now, its with me eveyday of my life.

pls help dr. thanks

Dear Lucille
If nothing is found on the papsmear or swab, it is not thrush. In some women all the chemicals of the creams etc can actually perpetuate the itching and irritation. It can also be caused by low esterogen levels and stress. If the swab/papsmear shows no bacteria or yeasts or any other infectious disease, ask your doctor if you could try esterogen vaginal cream for a week or two - 0.625mg 3 times a week. What kind of contraceptive are you using?

1
Posted by: Lou | 2008-11-05

Perhaps you should see a nutritionalist? It could be your body is reacting some food type it is intolerant of, or perhaps if you are sexually active, your partner is re-infecting you each time.

Adding 5 or so drops of pure tea tree oil to your bathwater will help prevent thrush, but obviously you need to clear the problem first.

Reply to Lou