Question
Posted by: Shelly | 2011/10/06

Probiotics

I saw my gynae today and he did a sonar for my yearly check up and he picked up I have IBS which I have battled with for a long time. Before I went today I took a bevispas which did help and I try and watch my diet for pips and peels. He said I should take LP 299 v twice a day for 6 months. When I went to the pharmacy I see it is about R200. Is there a generic that is cheaper as he put me on primeve plus as well as Mena Cal 7 and said I also need to take a multi vitamin. Which probiotic is the same as this one but cheaper. I am in my mid forties.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Shelly

Although some probiotics are alsoe effective in reducing IBS symptoms, LP299V is (in my opinion) by far the best option to use. Therefore, in this case my advice would be to go for the prescribed option.

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2011/10/07

Hi Shelly

Reply to pharmacist