Question
Posted by: Renee | 2008/12/03

Probiotics

Can I take it every day? I know it helps with the absorbtion of vitamins and minerals, can it substitute vitamin B(that does the same)?

Expert ImageProbiotics expert

Hi Renee
Yes you can take a probiotic every day.
No I do not suggest that you substitute with Vit B as they both have different actions. Besides assisting with nutrient absorption, probiotics help to stimulate production of certain vitamins and most importantly maintain a healthy balance of the normal gut flora, which in terms bolsters your resistance to disease (immunity).
Probiotics are often recommended if you have had diarrhoea, a course of antibiotics or are not eating a healthy balance diet.